TheShooters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum What Welcomes All People

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» You either die a hero
Some Helpful Tips I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 7:27 am by Darkprism

» Guess what?
Some Helpful Tips I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 2:26 pm by Darkprism

» I miss this place....
Some Helpful Tips I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 1:37 pm by HZ

» ~MUST READ!!!~
Some Helpful Tips I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 9:16 am by HZ

» How to find me in xat
Some Helpful Tips I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:47 pm by Todde

» Styles
Some Helpful Tips I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:11 pm by Todde

» Blahs is here!
Some Helpful Tips I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:09 pm by Todde

» You're Banned Game
Some Helpful Tips I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:06 pm by Todde

» GET BACK TO ACTIVITY!!!!
Some Helpful Tips I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 12:05 pm by Todde

Top posters
Darkprism
Some Helpful Tips I_vote_lcapSome Helpful Tips I_voting_barSome Helpful Tips I_vote_rcap 
Todde
Some Helpful Tips I_vote_lcapSome Helpful Tips I_voting_barSome Helpful Tips I_vote_rcap 
HZ
Raymond
Stephanie
JgKiLLeR
Pariah
Jeff_Vader
Newlemming
KiLLErMaN99
Partners
Hissing Worms Funny Pro Elites

Some Helpful Tips

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HZ
•Elites:We Run This•
•Elites:We Run This•
HZ

Some Helpful Tips Empty
PostSubject: Some Helpful Tips   Some Helpful Tips I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 1:13 pm

Here are some helpful tips you can follow in order to make a good review:

1. Try not to plagiarize. This means to take (the work or an idea of someone else) and pass it off as one's own or to copy from (someone) in such a way. This is very rude towards the author, and people will dislike your work and see that you're unskilled.

2. Remember to put as much details as possible. Try to put a lot of details in your story/review. This includes, imagery, descriptive language, main idea, simile, metaphors, etc.

3. Try to have your work double-checked by someone so they can peer-edit it.

4. Practice makes perfect. Did the review not go well? No worries. Catch up on some old English lessons, watch tutorials, and write daily to improve your writing skills.

5. Take examples. You are allowed to look at other people's work for practice, just don't downright copy them. As stated, it's rude and disrespectful to the author. Plus, we don't wanna be sued for having illegal copies of someone's work.

6. Edit, edit, edit. Once you're all finished with your story/review, check it over before hitting the "Send" button. Read it out loud to find a few silly errors. Preview it to make sure it looks A-OK. Check the code you might have used, and see if everything's spic-and-span.

7. Don't get discouraged. Ever got stuck on a topic because you don't know what to write next? Frustrating, isn't it? Relax, research more about your topic, and look at other people's examples so you can ease your mind. Take a break if you have to.

8. Write often! People like reviews and will pay you HW Points for doing a review for them. Share reviews and people might visit the site more often. Learn to go through the cycle of changing your writing style often to excel at writing in the most epic of ways.

*More tips will be avaible soon...

Back to top Go down
https://theshooters.forumotion.net
Stephanie
User
Stephanie

Some Helpful Tips Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Helpful Tips   Some Helpful Tips I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 12:05 pm

thx for the tips
Back to top Go down

Some Helpful Tips
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TheShooters :: The Desk :: Reviews-
Jump to: